Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Separation: Day 77

I am not one to follow trends. I have left my hair short instead of letting it grow out long and hang in my face. I have no tattoos, no piercing, I don't smoke, chew, dip or do any recreational drugs. But for a while now I have been looking at these people who shave off their mustaches and leave just their beard or chin whiskers. So the other day while looking in the mirror I done something I have not done in almost ten years. I shaved my mustache off and left just my chin whiskers. I had to do it to see if I still had an upper lip. I was shocked at the difference it made. You could actually see me smile. Not that I had anything to smile about but if ever there arose an occasion you could see it plain as day. I have been told that I had a "cute turned up lip" and although I don't see cute it is turned up slightly. I know your thinking by now that the 77th day must be rough as hell and I am reaching for something to write about. That is not the case at all. I just wanted to try something different and for once I did. My oldest didn't saying anything about the missing mustache but he did say that my face looked a lot slimmer. The boys at work are calling me Ishmael, and my little big friend said it suited me and he was thinking about doing it. My oldest lost his football game over the weekend but he put in a valiant effort. I had lots of family come out and sit with me. I am always afraid that I will have to sit by myself which will be the case on away games but I will manage. I kept both the boys Friday night and then took them out to eat and get movies after the game. I took them back home and kept them until my wife got back from seeing the new nephew and getting groceries. The boys and I always have a good time and I look forward to every minute I get to spend with them.

5 comments:

  1. Perhaps you should make friends with a single mom so you have someone to sit with at the away games. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jules That would be a good idea or I could bribe a friend with lunch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, that's too funny when you said you had to see if you still had an upper lip! :P

    You DO have MUCH to SMiLE about, particularly your WONDERFUL, HEALTHY boys! Always remember [& believe me, I know it's hard to], SOMEONE out there has MUCH WORSE issues going on...

    Make it a GREAT week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HEHEHE.... you do have an upper lip! Go figure! I once colored my hair Ronald McDonald red just to see what I would look like. I should've bought a wig instead. It was awful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can never tell what the difference is when someone has shaved the mustache. I realize something is different but what exactly did they change...maybe a haircut? Nose job? No, no you're not weraing your glasses! Oh not that either....

    ReplyDelete