Thursday, September 3, 2009

Separation: Day 72

People say she's only in my head
It's gonna take time but I'll forget
Say I need to get on with my life
But what they don't realize
Is when you're dialing six numbers just to hang up the phone
Driving cross town just to see if she's home
Waking up a friend in the dead of night
Just to hear him say it'll be alright
When you're finding things to do at night, not to fall asleep
Because you know she'll be there in your dreams
That's when she's
More than a memory.
Garth Brooks
I got my lit'l brother to fill up my ipod schuffle with music to help me walking. The other night when I was listening I heard this song. Of course tears started welling up in my eyes and I had to listen to it over and over. Damn it. He knew what he was doing when he put that on there. My brother has been up this week so he could show off the new nephew. My sister is a little upset because she hasn't got to see him or the baby yet. I told her last night that new mothers were very particular and didn't like to drag newborns out much. She said she understood but she don't. I seen the baby the other day he is real cute and has a head full of hair. The baby looks like my brother, me and my sister. We all have black hair, and dark eyes. I always wanted to have a dark haired baby but both my boys have blond hair and green eyes like their mother. I wouldn't have them any other way though. I have to get my mise en place (my space) cleaned at her house because they all are coming over Friday for dinner. I told her that I would cook the pork roast we have and bbq it. We will have that with slaw, chips, and corn on the cob. That should be plenty and everyone likes bbq. I don't really have any plans this weekend other than my oldest's football game Saturday. It won't take me long to clean my space since in consists of a bed and nightstand. Seriously that is all I have. My clothes hang in the hall way and I usually pull clean clothes from out of the dryer or from the top of it. Ahh the life of a man in exile. I had to work late yesterday and just got to the ball field in time to take my boys back home. My youngest climbed in the truck and said that he wanted to go get movies. :/ I told him he would have to wait for the weekend for that. It was good to see them if only for a few minutes. My wife brought me out some pictures of the football team and they were real good. My boys are growing up fast. Well....today is therapy day so maybe I can shake some of the blahs I have been dealing with lately. I have been crying daily, and seeing my wife everyday doesn't help. I miss her so much.....but you know that by now.

4 comments:

  1. All this missing is only going to make your reunion when it does happen that much sweeter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I split from my ex of six years I left with whatever fit in my car. I remember moving in to my own place with a bedroom set and my clothes. The place seemed soooooo big. Eventually it all fell into place, but I know a little bit how you feel in that sense.

    Have fun at the game:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @MissOverThinker-I wish I shared your enthusiasm.

    @Cindy- I left everything there except for my clothes secretly hoping things would work out. If I doesn't that will be a big empty house when I do go back.

    Thank you both for the encouraging remarks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!!!LOL You and I are A LOT alike. This song...well I couldn't download it from itunes, so I would listen to it on youtube. Kicked my ass every time. Would cry and just be a mess. Another song by Alan Jackson.."Today My World Slipped Away." Such a mess right??:( I have an ipod and music has always helped me some. Conveys feelings that I can't sometimes.

    ReplyDelete