Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Separation: The Final Frontier

Well it doesn't seem that my warp speed change seemed to help anything. I think the speed at which I changed only brought about suspicions that I could have been doing better all along. Every time I would point to the things that I was changing she would counter with, "you could have been doing that all along." So now I have been ousted, not my idea, and told that we could work on our marriage from afar. I don't really know how that works. She doesn't either but it sounds good to her that I won't be around to "push" her. So now I am to concentrate on me. Learn how to live like there is no tomorrow, carpe diem, grab the bull by the horns, all this without my wife and kids. My own little cheering section has gone silent. The boys took the news of the separation real hard. Ethan (my five year old) started to choke and went outside and threw up all of his supper. Nathaniel (my nine year old) just got up and walked out. They both came back in and gave me hugs and told me they loved me. If ever there was motivation to change that would be it.

1 comment:

  1. It's so hard on the kids...if you read my recent blogs...have had some issues with my oldest. Separation sucks and it's neverending. I assume I will get thru it eventually??? I hope so. I'm glad I "found" your blog.

    ReplyDelete